Audio component stop node doesn't allow for fade out

Very similar to this old post, I can’t get an event to stop and honour its AHDSR release setting. It always ends abruptly, although it works as expected in FMOD Studio 2.03.01.

The event consists of these alarms which all have random start positions. The loop region is only triggered when the event is not stopping, and in Studio, this means that when the event is stopped, the loop region is left and each instrument is allowed to play out to its end.

The AHDSR’s attack is followed, but the release is not. I have put a release of 5 seconds on the master track, just to be sure that it will still definitely be playing at a high volume for 2 full seconds, so that each instrument has enough time to finish playing. Unfortunately, when I play in editor, it is always abruptly stopped.

I can work around it by using a parameter to jump to a different point in the event, but it’s a shame that this method doesn’t work in Unreal when it does in Studio.

See here: AHDSR release sometimes jumps - #10 by Connor_FMOD

I think this was fixed in 2.03.02, definitely fixed in 2.03.03

1 Like

Hi,

The fix for this was released in the 2.03.02: FMOD Engine | Welcome To FMOD Engine - Detailed Revision History. Would it be possible to test this update?

That’s good to hear – I’ll see if I can upgrade soon and report back.

1 Like