Audio compression by bank

Is there an easy way to set the audio compression (ogg in this case) based on the bank? I can set it system wide, but I want the VO audio to be compressed more than music or sfx to save space. They are all in different banks.

No, but there are other ways to set your VO to use different compression than your music and SFX.

If your VO assets aren’t in an audio table, and are in a separate subfolder of your FMOD Studio project’s assets directory to your SFX and music assets: If you select a folder in the assets browser, and you’ll see a blue “Click to add a custom platform encoding setting” message at the bottom of the browser. As the message says, you can click this message to add a custom encoding setting to that folder. Custom encoding settings on a folder override those of the platform, for the assets in that folder. So, if your VO assets are in a different folder to your music and SFX assets, this should allow you to achieve what you want.

If your VO assets aren’t in an audio table, and are in the same folder(s) as your SFX and music assets: You could either move your VO assets into a separate folder and use the method described above, or you could set compression and encoding settings on a per-asset basis. If you select an asset in the assets browser, you’ll see the same “Click to add a custom platform encoding setting” message that I mentioned above. Encoding settings on individual assets override those of the folder, as well as those of the platform, and so can be used to achieve what you want.

If your VO assets are in an audio table: You can set a custom platform encoding setting for the audio table. Just select the audio table in the banks browser, and you’ll see the “Click to add a custom platform encoding setting” in the deck. Once again, such settings override those used by the platform, for the assets in that audio table.

Incidentally, the reason why you can’t set the compression format on a per-bank basis is that banks can and often do contain assets in multiple different encoding formats. I’m sure you can see why.

Thanks. The VO solution isn’t ideal but will probably solve my space issue.