Audio Table - Use for Dialogues

Hi there!

I am using Fmod for a game with Unreal Engine.

We have two languages and a lot of dialogue. I wanted to find a way to avoid creating one event for each dialogue audio file. I found out that in the documentation there was this possibility with Audio Tables:

https://www.fmod.com/resources/documentation-api?page=content/generated/engine_ue4/programmer_sounds.html#/

I was following the tutorial and made two audio tables inside two banks. Changed the settings in Unreal, made the blueprint, the event with the Programmmer Instrumment inside Fmod Studio, etc. And it just doesnt find it. No matter how many versions of the same process I make, Unreal tells me cant find the sound file.

Is there someone else having this issue? Or using audio tables from the Fmod Studio instead of Fmod API? And using them for exactly the same purpose of the tutorial? Differencing languages through banks?

I have another plan already, though conditions, but this will make my life SO much easier.

Any tip will be great! THANK YOU!

Hi Sonso,

Are you able to show the blueprint you’ve made in UE4 and the audio table you’ve made in FMOD Studio?

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Richard,

Here is the blueprint from Unreal.

Any help will be very much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Sonso

Hi Sonso,

Your blueprint looks fine, but how are you passing the key to the programmer instrument? You can use a blueprint node called “Set Programmer Sound Name” and pass the key that you can see in the audio table in FMOD Studio.

Thanks,
Richard

1 Like

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the delay. It worked! Thank you very much. Just needed to pass the key to the programmer instrument properly.

Sonso