Bank file is Assets folder failed to load (not found)

Hi, I am using FMOD Studio to build a project in Unity.
-Fmod 2.02.21
-Unity 2023.2.16

In order to share the Unity project I put the built bank files in a folder like this :
-Assets/Game/Sound/Master.bank
-Assets/Game/Sound/Master.strings.bank

I set up this folder into FMOD Settings and it looks ok:
-Source Type: Single platform build
-Path: Assets/Game/Sound

• The Inspector finds the files and shows all info and options properly.

The problem is when playing the game. I get a console error :
[FMOD] RuntimeBankModel::openFile : Failed to open file ā€˜Assets/Game/Sound/Desktop/Master.strings.bankā€™

(No sound is played)

Why is it adding ā€˜/Desktopā€™ to the path?
If I put the files into ā€˜Assets/Game/Sound/Desktopā€™, then the error is :
[FMOD] RuntimeBankModel::openFile : Failed to open file ā€˜Assets/Game/Sound/Desktop/Desktop/Master.strings.bankā€™

I found that I can keep the files into ā€˜Assets/Game/Sound/Desktopā€™ and put only ā€˜Assets/Game/Soundā€™ in the path to the Fmod Settings and the game plays fine (with sound), but the Inspector keeps giving an error message :
ā€œBuild path ā€˜Assets/Game/Soundā€™ does not contain any built banks.ā€ (and no info or options are shown)

Maybe there is a setting somewhere to prevent the system to add ā€˜Desktopā€™ to the path?

Thanks !

Hi,

What operating system are you working on? Could you try deleting your "D:\UnityProjects\MyProject\Assets\Plugins\FMOD\Resources\FMODStudioSettings.asset". This will refresh your FMOD Settings. I was only able to reproduce the issue once.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
My OS is Windows 11.
I deleted FMODStudioSettings file and went through the setup wizard and itā€™s working now.
I also deleted the ā€˜Cacheā€™ folder content.
Iā€™m not sure, but I think that if someone else is sharing the project, he will have to delete his Cache folder too. Is it right? (It seems happened to me)

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hi,

If you have a look at our Unity source control example here Unity Integration | Using Source Control - git ignore example, the cache files should be ignored as they are updated locally. I suggest updating your git ignore if you are not ignoring these files.

Hope this helps.