Bank refresh failed, but the bank exists

Hello, I’m having an issue while trying to refresh the banks. I already have a bank built, but Unity does not recognize it. I already tried to change the Load Banks option on Initialization tab by changing from All to Specified, it appears when I add the bank on the list through ‘Add All’ button, but still does not work.
I tried to rebuilt the bank and add more files to it, Unity detects something changed, and the Refresh Status window appears, but the problem persists.

Unity version: 2021.3.17f1 Personal
FMOD Studio Unity Integration: Version 2.02.20

FMOD: Bank refresh failed: Directory FMOD Audio System/dominium-audio-system/Build/Desktop doesn't contain any banks.
Build the banks in Studio or check the path in the settings.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogErrorFormat (string,object[])
FMODUnity.RuntimeUtils:DebugLogErrorFormat (string,object[]) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/RuntimeUtils.cs:588)
FMODUnity.BankRefreshWindow:HandleBankRefresh (string) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/BankRefreshWindow.cs:81)
FMODUnity.BankRefresher:HandleBankRefresh (string) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/BankRefresher.cs:129)
FMODUnity.EventManager:RefreshBanks () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EventManager.cs:43)
FMODUnity.EventManager:Startup () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EventManager.cs:589)
FMODUnity.EditorUtils:CallStartupMethodsWhenReady () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorUtils.cs:504)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()
Attachments

I can see from one of your images that the folder contains a ‘SFX.bank’, but this error looks to be caused by the integration not being able to find the ‘Master.strings.bank’. Can you confirm that it is in the same folder?

My SFX.bank file is here

C:\Users\Gabriel\Documents\GitHub\Dominium\FMOD Audio System\dominium-audio-system\Build\Desktop

but there’s not a ‘Master.strings.bank’ file in the same folder, there’s just that ‘SFX’ file only.

These are my actual FMOD Studio project Build settings:
https://prnt.sc/97ZuwK2YNmp2

Are you building all the banks from FMOD Studio? The integration requires the ‘Master’ and ‘Master.strings’ banks as a minimum.

I built them from FMOD Studio. I just renamed my SFX bank to Master for convention, and marked it as the Master Bank, then it generated the missing files, and the current issue is solved!
https://prnt.sc/vJcvqgCJSDEt

Thank you, cameron!

1 Like