Banks to Unity from multiple FMOD projects

Hello!

We have a situation where we have a git submodule that is used in multiple unity projects. Each unity project has it’s own fmod project but we would need to have shared fmod banks in addition inside the submodule that all the unity projects would use. (So it would be something like: UnityProject1 would use FmodProject1 and SharedFmodProject banks and UnityProject2 would use FmodProject2 and SharedFmodProject banks)

Is there an existing way to implement this?

Thanks!
best, -L

It sounds like you might be able to use the ‘Single/Multiple Platform Build’ import option in the FMOD Unity settings, where you can specify a folder containing the built banks required for the project. Eg. “{UnityProjectName}/FMODBanks”. Then you can build/copy the banks directly into that folder.

Hi Cameron! Thanks for the reply!

I tried using the ‘single platform build’ import option and copy the banks from both fmod projects into that folder. I can now see events from both fmod projects in the editor but when I press play I get the following errors:

[FMOD] assert : assertion: ‘!mManager->masterBus()’ failed
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:DEBUG_CALLBACK(DEBUG_FLAGS, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:36)

BankLoadException: [FMOD] Could not load bank ‘Assets/StreamingAssets/Main Project Master Bank.bank’ : ERR_INTERNAL : An error occurred that wasn’t supposed to. Contact support.
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.loadedBankRegister (FMODUnity.RuntimeManager+LoadedBank loadedBank, System.String bankPath, System.String bankName, System.Boolean loadSamples, FMOD.RESULT loadResult) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:766)

EventNotFoundException: [FMOD] Event not found ‘event:/global_game_start’

The banks are now both in my Assets/StreamingAssets folder which is set as the bank location in fmod unity settings. I attached a screenshot of how the contents of the folder look now.banks_folder

Thanks!
Best,

• L

It seems to work if I have only banks from one FMOD Project loaded at a time. I can succesfully load the shared fmod project’s banks if I first unload the main project’s banks. Is this the way we should do it or is there a possibility to have all the banks loaded at the same time?

best, L

Just for sake of clarity, are you following the docs on adding Downloadable and User-generated Content? You cannot have two completely separate projects, they have to be ‘compatible’ by either replacing the old banks (DLC) or routing new content through the existing buses (UGC).

Thank you @cameron-fmod ! I hadn’t found this doc before. This clarified things quite nicely! -L