I am having an issue with the FMOD integration with Unity and source control, as the FMOD components that were attached to the game objects have been replaced with a Missing (Mono Script) warning.
Am I doing something wrong with the source control or the set up of FMOD? I’ve downloaded FMOD via the website and imported it as a custom package.
FMOD Studio Unity Integration v 2.02.11
Unity v 2021.3.14f1
For source control – Git, Git LFS, hosted in Github
MacOS Monterey 12.6.2
- Have the FMOD settings point to soundbanks in a top level directory using the Single Platform Build source type.
- Add an FMOD Studio Listener to the Main Camera game object.
- Add an FMOD Studio Event Emitter (sound from Example project provided by FMOD).
- Save the Scene
- Commit and push the changes (remember to save the Scene, unlike me, the link.xml refers to the Addressables, which is an area I’m not familiar with – could this be an issue?)
- Delete repo directory on local machine and git clone the project.
- Open the project – click “Update Metadata” on the popup.
- Relink the soundbanks
- FMOD Wizard will then ask me to change the Unity Listener with the FMOD Listener. This is strange, because when I open up the Centre Scene, there is no Unity Listener on the Main Camera – the Wizard then updates to say that there is no Listener at all. In the screenshot, you can see that the component (Script) is now missing.
- This is the same for the Player object – the FMOD component is now missing.
The Centre.unity file does have a corresponding .meta file: