BusNotFoundException: FMOD Studio bus not found 'bus:/' (Newbie to game audio)

Hello,

I am a sound designer who is trying to make my way into game work on a hobby basis. I am using the Viking Village tutorial and once I add my Sudio event Emitter to script to the torches and try to play the game I run into the following error:

BusNotFoundException: FMOD Studio bus not found ‘bus:/’
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.GetBus (System.String path) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:825)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.MuteAllEvents (Boolean muted) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:849)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.Update () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:378)

This results in no sound being played and a million of these errors show up.

I have also noticed that i am somehow not able to access the “High quality camera” and instead I can only acess the low quality version. Does this matter?
Do i have to remove unities audio listener in order for the fmod studio listener to work?

Unity version: 5.50f3
Fmod version: 1.08.15 with the corresponding unity integration package.

Running Mac: OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 (15F34)

I will happily give out any other relevant information. I am completely new to this and all and any information regarding Fmod and Unity use in general would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Eric

You can have both Unity’s and FMOD’s listener active, on the majority platforms.
Double check the project/bank path in settings is correct, also make sure you have built the studio project for the correct platform, otherwise it may be looking for a folder of banks that don’t exist.

I’m also having this issue. When you say Double Check the project/ bank path in settings is correct are you referring to F-Mod or Unity?

Both to be sure, if you are linking the Unity integration to the Studio Project, it will only be able to find the banks in the default location. but if you are pointing it directly to the banks folder the folder can be located anywhere.

You will get a message in the Unity console when the banks have been successfully updated into the Unity project.

I’ve had same problem. My debug log says that it’s a problem with initializing output device. Try to remove any drivers and applications which can overtake your audio and reinstall your audio drivers (the newest version). I’ve uninstalled all Lenovo drivers that can cause problems and reinstalled Realtek Audio Driver. Now everything works fine. It was on windows of course. I don’t know how it works on mac.