BusNotFoundException

Hi, I got this error: BusNotFoundException: [FMOD] Bus not found ‘bus:/SFX’
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.GetBus (System.String path) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/RuntimeManager.cs:1384)
AudioManager.SetupBus () (at Assets/_SRC/Scripts/Managers/AudioManager.cs:72)
AudioManager.Start () (at Assets/_SRC/Scripts/Managers/AudioManager.cs:64)

The Master Bank bus is loading correctly but any other Bus I load throw this exception. I don’t understand why, I tried checking the file path and it seemed correct on both FMOD and Unity, all settings seem to be correct.

You can get this error if you have not loaded the Master.strings.bank and you are trying to use paths to access FMOD objects.

The .strings.bank file includes all the metadata required to look up events, buses, snapshots, and VCAs during runtime.

Can you confirm that the .strings.bank file is being loaded?

I think I am loading Master.strings.bank
Here is an image of the Fmod settings I have

What version of FMOD are you using?
Can try checking the Enable API Error Logging option to see what that can tell us?

Hi, I’m having a similar problem where I’m receiving a “BusNotFoundException: [FMOD] Bus not found ‘bus:/Music’” message. I’m trying to change the volume of music, SFX, and master in my game with a group in the FMOD editor. The Master.strings is enabled. I’m using version 2.02.22.

This was my API Error Logging message:
[FMOD] System::getBus(bus:/Music, 00000078D32ECB10) returned ERR_EVENT_NOTFOUND for STUDIO_SYSTEM (0x1FFFFF).
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
FMODUnity.RuntimeUtils:DebugLogError (string) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/RuntimeUtils.cs:580)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:ERROR_CALLBACK (intptr,FMOD.SYSTEM_CALLBACK_TYPE,intptr,intptr,intptr) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/RuntimeManager.cs:142)
FMOD.Studio.System:getBus (string,FMOD.Studio.Bus&) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/fmod_studio.cs:444)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:GetBus (string) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/RuntimeManager.cs:1382)
AudioManager:Awake () (at Assets/Scripts/Audio/AudioManager.cs:48)

Since this is coming from an Awake function my first guess would be that the FMOD Integration has not had a chance to load the Master Bank yet, you can check this by using FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.HaveMasterBanksLoaded.