Cannot build for Vision Pro

Hey,
I want to use FMOD for 3D Audio in Unity / Vision Pro.
First of all, is there a guide on how to set this up correctly?
I see the words “Apple Vision Pro” appearing here:
https://www.fmod.com/docs/2.03/unity/welcome-whats-new-203.html

Is this the one I should use?

Because I cant build the XCode project, getting this error:
“Undefined symbol: _FMOD_MultibandDynamics_GetDescription”

and

“Linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)”

I am not even using MultiBandDynamics. I only have a basic looping mp3 on the master bus and in Unity I put the Listener onto the camera and placed an empty with the Audio Source.

Would really appreciate an answer on how to do this correctly, what version is the most stable etc.

Thank you!

Hi,

What version of Unity and the FMOD integration are you using? Would it be possible to get the full build log posted as well?

Hello Connor,
thank you for the reply.
I used Unity 2022.3.19f1 with the PolySpatial 1.2.3 MixedReality scene, FMOD Unity 2.03.01 package and the corresponding FMOD Studio OSX app.
I also used the FMOD Unity 2.02.22 version, which compiled but didn’t render the 3D audio correctly on device either.

Since I am just starting development, would it be possible for you to provide the correct versions of Unity, FMOD, VisionOS (Beta or not?) or, even better, provide a basic project file with a simple setup that works on device? This would help me out immensely.
I also read that Unity uses FMOD under the hood and basic 3D positional audio is possible without using the FMOD package.
Would you be so kind and elaborate on this? I only need basic positional 3D audio, not necessearily fancy reverbs or other FMOD Studio exclusive features.

Thank you very much

Thank you for providing the details. I have reproduced the issue and forwarded it to our development team for further investigation.

The 2.02.22 integration is compatible with all supported Unity versions, including Beta 6.000.

Could you please elaborate on this issue?

Unfortunately, I am unable to provide a basic project.

You are correct; Unity uses an older version of the FMOD engine. However, we have not interacted with their implementation, so we cannot provide support for it. You can find Unity’s documentation on using their spatializer here.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.