Catalina Error!? FMOD Studio: Encounterd Error: ERR_VERSION The version number of this file format is not supported

Hello,

Running a project in Unity on a Mac. Latest Catalina version 10.15.4

FMOD 10.00.08
Unity 2019.2.2.1

I get this error in the console:

FMOD Studio: Encounterd Error: ERR_VERSION The version number of this file format is not supported.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)

Also FMOD banks are missing. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Adi

I’m afraid I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue, which makes me suspect I must be missing some vital step of your process. Are you sure that the version of the Unity integration you’re using matches that of the version of FMOD Studio in which your FMOD Studio project was created and built?

I get the same error, see below ::
FMOD Studio: Encounterd Error: ERR_VERSION The version number of this file format is not supported.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
FMODUnity.EditorUtils:CheckResult(RESULT) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EditorUtils.cs:25)
FMODUnity.EventManager:UpdateCache() (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EventManager.cs:157)
FMODUnity.EventManager:RefreshBanks() (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EventManager.cs:37)
FMODUnity.EventManager:Update() (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EventManager.cs:683)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions() (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:332)

Again, can you verify that the version of the Unity integration you’re using matches that of the version of FMOD Studio in which your FMOD Studio project was created and built?