I’m trying to randomize the delay on a thunder sound before it actually plays. I.e. The lightning visual plays and triggers my Thunder event, and then the instrument delays the actual sound by 300-3000ms. I did this in Designer using the “Trigger Delay” feature (within the Sound Def), but it doesn’t seem to be working consistently in Studio when I use “Delay Interval”.
For my case, I have a parameter called “Random” (set by our game code) that is used to trigger different instrument modules each with their own “Delay Interval” range. When I trigger the event, it can sometimes be fine, but if the event is active and I set the “Random” parameter to a new value, the “Delay Interval” seems to be ignored a lot of the time. I haven’t quite figured out if there’s a consistent pattern.
The Designer-to-Studio project importer translated “Trigger Delay” to “Delay Interval”, so I assume “Delay Interval” is the way to do this.