Documentation on Fmod Studio effects?

I failed to find a detailed documentation on all the Fmod Studio effects.

For example, I hope some documentation could help answer me these questions on Multiband EQ:

What does the “(A)” mean in “Freq. (A)”?
What does “Q (A)” mean at all? (Yes I can see it affecting the curve in a certain way but I wonder the concept behind it)
How does it related to the deprecated lowpass/highpass filter? How could I make an equivalent effect using Multiband EQ that sounds the same as a lowpass/highpass filter?

Thanks,

Hi Yang,

The documentation on the new multiband EQ for the FMOD Studio application hasn’t been published yet.

The “(A)” is referring to the band currently selected. There are 5 bands supported named A, B, C, D, and E.

The Freq refers to the frequency that the band is at. This is on the horizontal axis.

The Q is reference to the bandwidth or “quality” of that band. It’s behaviour changes depending on the band’s type - resonance (low/high pass), bandwidth (notch, peaking, band-pass), phase transition sharpness (all-pass), unused (low/high shelf).

The gain is the amount of boosting or cutting of the band selected. This is on the vertical axis.

You can read more about the multiband EQ in our lowlevel docs:

https://fmod.com/resources/documentation-api?page=content/generated/FMOD_DSP_MULTIBAND_EQ.html#/

A lowpass filter would be a single band enabled, 12dB lowpass, Q at 0.707, frequency as desired. Highpass would be the same but a 12dB highpass.

Thanks,
Richard

1 Like

Thank you for your prompt reply. It answers my question pretty well and it seems the low-level DSP API documentation is what I missed.