I’m also not able to get Live Update working at all.
FMOD Studio 2.00.03
Unity Integration Package (for 2.00.03)
Unity (2018.4.7f1, 2019.2.2f1)
Mac OS 10.14.6
- following the steps exactly in the documentation (link above)
- using different projects, new and existing, in both Unity and FMOD
- running both from Unity Editor and a standalone build (making sure that Live Update is enabled for both Play in Editor as well as Default Settings in the FMODStudioSettings file)
- using both “localhost” and “127.0.0.1”
- changing the port in Unity and changing the IP accordingly in FMOD (e.g. “127.0.0.1:9265”. (I have tried several different values.)
- restarting both Unity and FMOD
- disabling all network filters like Little Snitch
Note: when I run the game in Unity I do not get the error indicated in the FMOD documentation (2.13.2 Start the Game Inside Unity).
Every time I try to connect via Live Update, I get the following error:
Studio was unable connect to “localhost” [or other IP] as a connection error occurred: “Socket Error”.
Please check that the IP address is correct, the game is running and live update is enabled.
Any suggestions on further steps I might take to resolve this would be much appreciated.