File(s) not on client error FMOD Source Control P4V

Hey there! I want to setup my FMOD project with our Perforce and followed the documentation for that. in 13.1.1 under 7. it says "Select “File > Source Control > Sync Latest, Merge, and Commit…” but when I do that I get the following error message: C:/Game/Content/FMODproject/game.fspro - file(s) not on client. The documentation doesn´t mention this potential error and I couldn´t find anything on the internet about it. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Hi,

To help diagnose this, can I get your FMOD Studio version number?

Hey there! Sure we are on 2.02.11 (windows 64bit)

The steps contained in Section 14.1.1 of the Studio Docs demonstrate how to add an existing FMOD Studio project that is located inside a local P4 workspace to a remote depot. I haven’t been able to reproduce your issue, but the “file(s) not on client” error indicates that it’s likely that your local P4 workspace is configured incorrectly, and cannot locate your Studio project.

Also, could I get you to provide the log found in Window → Console → Logging after attempting step 7 and running into the “file(s) not on client” error?

sorry I tried to fix it myself again for a few days – with no luck. But I think I´ve gained important knowledge. So the FMOD project is located within the p4v workspace but as soon as I click “sync latest, merge and commit” it creates a new empty folder outside the p4v workspace (on the mainroot of my SSD) called “Nameofgame (Perforce)”. I think that is why the outside of repository error occurs but I have no idea why it creates a new and empty folder outside of the workspace when trying to commit. Any idea? The new folder is under this root: S://Game (Perforce)/Content/FMOD/Desktop. And all of those newly created folders are empty.
(Also, within FMOD it says “Perforce Online” in the bottom right corner so it seems like the connection is there at least)

here is the log:

21:59:33 runP4: error running command: -z tag -r0 -vnet.maxwait=10 -p xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx -C none -u User -P ***** -c User_Holzis-Powerhaus_7510 opened S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27/Game.fspro S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27/Metadata/… S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27/Plugins/… S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27/Scripts/… S:/Game (Perforce)/Content/FMOD/… S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27/Assets/…

21:59:33 runP4: Path ‘S:/Game (Perforce)/Content/FMOD/…’ is not under client’s root ‘S:\Game’.

21:59:34 runP4: error running command: -z tag -r0 -vnet.maxwait=10 -p xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx -C none -u User -P ***** -c User_Holzis-Powerhaus_7510 opened S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27/Game.fspro S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27/Metadata/… S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27/Plugins/… S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27/Scripts/… S:/Game (Perforce)/Content/FMOD/… S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27/Assets/…

21:59:34 runP4: Path ‘S:/Game (Perforce)/Content/FMOD/…’ is not under client’s root ‘S:\Game’.

21:59:35 S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27/Game.fspro - file(s) not on client.

21:59:36 runP4: error running command: -z tag -r0 -vnet.maxwait=10 -p xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx -C none -u User -P ***** -c User_Holzis-Powerhaus_7510 opened S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27/Game.fspro S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27/Metadata/… S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27/Plugins/… S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27/Scripts/… S:/Game (Perforce)/Content/FMOD/… S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27/Assets/…

21:59:36 runP4: Path ‘S:/Game (Perforce)/Content/FMOD/…’ is not under client’s root ‘S:\Game’.

Thanks for the log. I think the reason for the error may be that your built banks output directory is set to S://Game (Perforce)/Content/FMOD/Desktop, which is outside the p4 workspace. Try setting it to the default (no path) or specifically to the correct path in the p4 workspace, and see whether that resolves the issue.

Side note: since this is a public-facing forum, we’ve gone ahead and removed some personal details (IP address) from your log for you - in future, you may want to double check for this.

Hey Louis. Thank you so much, I was able to resolve the issue. It really does seem like the built banks output directory was set to S://Game (Perforce)/Content/FMOD/Desktop where it should have been S:/Game/Content/Game FMOD Project Mar 27. I doublechecked before but since the path names are so similar, I didn´t catch it. So the path S://Game (Perforce)/Content/FMOD/Desktop doesn´t exist on my PC, hence FMOD always created a new and empty folder outside of the acutal repository.

Also thanks for removing my personal details from the comment, I totally forgot.

1 Like