FMOD 2.0.10 on UE4.25.1 not working

Hi there,

I’m trying to use the new UE4.25 integration with FMOD 2.00.10. But if I want to include the module in PrivateDependencyModuleNames… crash :frowning:

It seems that UE4Editor-FMODStudio.lib is missing and I saw that even in the downloadable archive (and for a reason I don’t know there is now 2 integrations of FMOD a UE4.25 and a UE4.25+ well the link for this one is dead so I took the classic UE4.25)

My config is the next one :

• UE4.25 Binary from Launcher
  • FMOD 2.00.10 for UE4.25
  • FMOD installed in the engine folder

Soooooo I think I will return to 4.24.

Best regards everyone,

Alex

Actually, if you’re using UE4 from launcher, you can’t put the plugin in the engine’s “Plugins” folder directly.

But you can build it from a project.

I will check if I can return it back to the engine’s “Plugins” folder if I first compile it from a project, copy the project’s FMOD install, and copy it into engine’s plugin folder.

I am having an issue with the same versions where unreal crashes every time it tries to load banks. I’m using the 4.25 rather than the 4.25+ as that won’t work at all.

I have not been able to reproduce these issues myself, we may be able to get more information on what is happening from your log files: https://www.ue4community.wiki/Legacy/Locating_Project_Logs

I’m having issues compiling with FMOD.

UE4.25.1 Binary from Epic Launcher
FMOD 2.00.10 for UE4.25
FMOD installed in the engine folder.

When I try launching my project after updating to UE4.25 and trying to compile I get the following errors in Visual Studio:

c:\program files\epic games\ue_4.25\engine\plugins\fmodstudio\source\fmodstudio\classes\FMODAsset.h(7): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘FMODAsset.generated.h’: No such file or directory

I get these errors with both the 4.25 and 4.25+ Integration plugins.

So I’ve successfully build my project with FMOD inside the project’s “Plugins” folder.

After that I removed the FMOD plugin from my project and put it inside the engine’s “Plugins” folder. I could launch the project but impossible to package it.

So if you want to put FMOD inside the binary install, you can’t, you have to put it in your project.

It seems logical because you don’t compile the engine when you use it from the binary’s Epic Launcher

An update in case anyone at FMOD is following this:

The following works:
UE4.25.1 from Source Code in Linux
FMOD 2.00.10 for UE4.25 (Linux)
Everything compiles, launches, and runs smoothly.

UE4.25.1 Binary from Epic Launcher in Windows 10
FMOD 2.00.10 for UE4.25+ (Windows)
When I try to launch my project for the first time it gives the error that FMODStudio & FMODStudio editor were not built using the current version.

UE4.25.1 Binary from Epic Launcher in Windows 10
FMOD 2.00.10 for UE4.25 (Windows)
When I try to launch my project for the first time it has to compile it but gives the following compile errors:

c:\program files\epic games\ue_4.25\engine\plugins\fmodstudio\source\fmodstudio\classes\FMODAsset.h(7): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘FMODAsset.generated.h’: No such file or directory

So the Linux version is fine but there’s something wrong with the Windows versions that you have available for download.

We were trying to cut down the size of the download by removing some of the unused files in the intermediate directory and it looks like this may be the issue.

We just updated the UE4.25 and UE4.25+ plugins on our download page a couple of hours ago. Get the latest FMOD UE4 integration, make sure the file you download has “_patch1.zip” and see if your problem persists.

Does anyone have an update on whether or not that patch worked? I’ve been holding off on updating to 4.25 until this has been resolved.

@othiel32 It’s working in Windows now.

Thanks @cameron-fmod!

1 Like

While trying to package my project to windows I get the following error:

Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudioEditor/Private/AssetTypeActions_FMODEvent.h(5): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘AssetTypeActions_Base.h’: No such file or directory

Also I can only build my project if FMOD is placed in the project folder so placing it in the engines plugin folder doesnt seem to work.

Just to be clear, does this occur when the plugin is in the project directory?
Are you able to share the entire log file?

It appears that UE4.25.2 has a bug with plugins used in the Engine directory:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/announcements-and-releases/1755531-unreal-engine-4-25-released/page22#post1792437

OK so I’m attempting to integrate FMOD into UE4 4.25.2 I’ve downloaded UE4 Integration version 2.00.10 / 4.25 + patch 1.

I unzipped it and copied it across to my UE4 4.25.2 Engine/Plugins directory (while having my project open) and when I check the Project Settings inside UE4, the FMOD plugin isn’t there.

Side note: If I complete that exact process with my project not opened, UE4 won’t even load, which in hindsight is expected.)

Is there another patch that needs to be implemented for it to work with 4.25.2 or am I overlooking something?

@cameron-fmod the error happens when im running the plugin from the project directory.

Might be related to the UE4.25.2 bug I’ll follow the thread and try the hot fix.

Package log here:

LogUObjectHash: Compacting FUObjectHashTables data took 1.44ms
LogMainFrame: Selected target: Mecha
LogLauncherProfile: Unable to use promoted target - D:/GoogleDrive/Mecha 4.25/Binaries/Win64/Mecha-Win64-DebugGame.target does not exist.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running AutomationTool…
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Parsing command line: -ScriptsForProject=“D:/GoogleDrive/Mecha 4.25/Mecha.uproject” BuildCookRun -nocompileeditor -installed -nop4 -project=“D:/GoogleDrive/Mecha 4.25/Mecha.uproject” -cook -stage -archive -archivedirectory=D:/GoogleDrive/Mecha_Build -package -ue4exe=E:\UE_4.25\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Win64-Deb
ugGame-Cmd.exe -pak -prereqs -nodebuginfo -targetplatform=Win64 -build -target=Mecha -clientconfig=DebugGame -utf8output
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Setting up ProjectParams for D:\GoogleDrive\Mecha 4.25\Mecha.uproject
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running: E:\UE_4.25\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe Mecha Win64 DebugGame -Project=“D:\GoogleDrive\Mecha 4.25\Mecha.uproject” “D:\GoogleDrive\Mecha 4.25\Mecha.uproject” -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini=“D:\GoogleDrive\Mecha 4.25” -skipdeploy -Manifest=“D:\GoogleDrive\Mecha 4.25\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml”
-NoHotReload -log=“C:\Users\cornt\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\E+UE_4.25\UBT-Mecha-Win64-DebugGame.txt”
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Target Platform – Win64
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Writing manifest to D:\GoogleDrive\Mecha 4.25\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Building Mecha…
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Using Visual Studio 2019 14.26.28806 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.26.28801) and Windows 10.0.18362.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [Upgrade]
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [Upgrade] Using backward-compatible build settings. The latest version of UE4 sets the following values by default, which may require code changes:
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [Upgrade] bLegacyPublicIncludePaths = false => Omits subfolders from public include paths to reduce compiler command line length. (Previously: true).
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [Upgrade] ShadowVariableWarningLevel = WarningLevel.Error => Treats shadowed variable warnings as errors. (Previously: WarningLevel.Warning).
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [Upgrade] PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.UseExplicitOrSharedPCHs => Set in build.cs files to enables IWYU-style PCH model. See https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Programming/BuildTools/UnrealBuildTool/IWYU/index.html. (Previously: PCHUsageMode.UseSharedPCHs).
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [Upgrade] Suppress this message by setting ‘DefaultBuildSettings = BuildSettingsVersion.V2;’ in Mecha.Target.cs, and explicitly overriding settings that differ from the new defaults.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [Upgrade]
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Building 50 actions with 12 processes…
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [1/50] Default.rc2
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [2/50] PCH.FMODStudio.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [3/50] FMODBankUpdateNotifier.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [4/50] FMODBus.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [5/50] FMODAsset.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [6/50] FMODSettings.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [7/50] FMODSnapshotReverb.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [8/50] FMODSnapshot.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [9/50] FMODListener.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [10/50] FMODVCA.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [11/50] FMODEvent.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [12/50] FMODBank.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [13/50] FMODFileCallbacks.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [14/50] FMODBank.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [15/50] FMODAssetTable.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [16/50] FMODEventControlSection.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [17/50] FMODBus.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [18/50] FMODEvent.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [19/50] FMODEventParameterTrack.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [20/50] FMODEventControlSection.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [21/50] FMODEventControlSectionTemplate.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [22/50] FMODSettings.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [23/50] FMODEventControlTrack.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [24/50] FMODSnapshot.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [25/50] FMODSnapshotReverb.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [26/50] FMODStudio.init.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [27/50] FMODVCA.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [28/50] FMODEventControlTrack.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [29/50] FMODEventParameterTrack.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [30/50] FMODAsset.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [31/50] FMODAnimNotifyPlay.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [32/50] FMODBlueprintStatics.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [33/50] FMODAmbientSound.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [34/50] FMODAudioComponent.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [35/50] FMODStudioModule.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [36/50] FMODEventParameterSectionTemplate.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [37/50] FMODBlueprintStatics.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [38/50] FMODEventControlSectionTemplate.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [39/50] FMODEventParameterSectionTemplate.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [40/50] FMODAnimNotifyPlay.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [41/50] FMODAmbientSound.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [42/50] FMODAudioComponent.gen.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [43/50] SharedPCH.Engine.NonOptimized.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [44/50] Module.Mecha.gen.2_of_4.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): D:\GoogleDrive\Mecha 4.25\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudioEditor/Private/AssetTypeActions_FMODEvent.h(5): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘AssetTypeActions_Base.h’: No such file or directory
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [45/50] Module.Mecha.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): D:\GoogleDrive\Mecha 4.25\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudioEditor/Private/AssetTypeActions_FMODEvent.h(5): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘AssetTypeActions_Base.h’: No such file or directory
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [46/50] Module.Mecha.gen.1_of_4.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [47/50] Module.Mecha.gen.4_of_4.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [48/50] Module.Mecha.gen.3_of_4.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 69,8269337s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=6
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\cornt\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\E+UE_4.25\UBT-Mecha-Win64-DebugGame.txt)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=6 (6)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

Error persists with 4.25.3 =(

Are you able to reproduce this in an empty project at all? I’m having trouble reproducing this at the moment.

I’m at my wits end. I have to work on a Catalina Mac for a certain project. I’ve tried multiple versions of UE4, and the correct integrations for each one.

FMOD will seem to work at first. That is, up until I build for the first time.

My event gets into the FMOD Events folder in UE4. As soon as the first event is built, no other events ever make it there. I don’t get any error messages. The only thing that gives me an indication that it’s broken is not seeing the reassuring “FMOD Banks Reloaded” message from UE4. Hitting “Build” is doing something, but only the first built event makes it to Unreal. Also, I can’t control parameters or use live update.

Is it Catalina?

What version of FMOD for UE4 are you using?
Can you try running the validate option in the FMOD menu to make sure it’s all set up?