FMOD Discord Server?

Hello there,

I am wondering if an FMOD discord server would be beneficial for the community. To be honest, I am quite surprised that one does not exist already (unless I have just failed to find it)! I’m not sure if I’m the guy to start one up, but I’m just looking to gauge/spark some interest I guess.

Hope everyone is well.

Lorenzo

1 Like

I’m not aware of any unofficial FMOD discord server, there certainly isn’t an official one. If someone in the community was keen to set one up, that could be interesting but from an official support standpoint the forums or email (for licensed developers) is our preferred support avenue.

I’ve been interested in a Discord group as well. It doesn’t make as much sense for support—you really need searchable threads with headings and solutions for that—but I like the idea of discord for fast communication with a user base.

In the ASoundEffect server, there is an #fmod channel, although it’s not super active.

In the ASoundEffect server, there is an #fmod channel, although it’s not super active.

That’s seems to be a general issue. Also this forum is not very active. So maybe the user base is shy, very small or hiding somewhere else.

1 Like

I vote for the discord server!

As an experiment I’ve enabled chat on the forums here, note the speech bubble in the top right of the screen, can also be accessed by this URL: https://qa.fmod.com/chat

I realize this isn’t as convenient as Slack or Discord but hopefully it will be a guage for interest in real-time communication.

EDIT: The experiment is now over and we’ve decided to disable the chat feature due to limited interest.

Thanks for trying, but as the above mentioned discord channel seemed to show, game sound programmers don’t seem to like real time interaction

If anyone is still interested in this, there is a new small FMOD discord server here FMOD Community
It’s at the very beginning but if anyone is interested we can start something and see where it goes to connect the rest of the community