Want to use fmod to play music over Discord voice chat. How can I accomplish this?

I’m pretty new to FMOD, and was wondering if there is currently a way to get it to play the music over a Discord call, whether via a bot or through computer input. I wanted to use it in a TTRPG setting due to it’s utility in creating and playing music that adapts to parameters that can be triggered by its user, all while playing continuously, as opposed to playing a single track that doesn’t loop seamlessly.

Hi,

A simple option may be using the FMOD API examples to play the audio in an application window, and then sharing its audio with the call. You could then expand the example to have triggers and more events as they are needed. I suggest using the simple_event project as it is already set up to play some events.

The examples can be found here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\FMOD SoundSystem\FMOD Studio API Windows\api\studio\examples\vs2019\examples.sln"

Hope this helps.

Doing an “audio share” could only be achieved through streaming the window to the call, in which the full quality of the audio is broadcast, but it would require the users to be watching. Then there’s the other option that I could use a virtual audio cable, but it diminishes the sound quality as it would be used as a microphone input. So now, I’m trying to see if there is a feasible way to create a discord bot to play the project.

Unfortunately, our HTML5 code will only run in a browser window and will not work in a Discord bot. I will pass the suggestion to our development team to look into supporting applications.

At this time, audio sharing or a virtual cable may be your best option.