FMOD in Wordpress

Hello! I’m a composer who has used FMOD Studio from the GUI for ages on a video game project, but I always hand it off to the programmers from there. Now, I’d like to write an interactive music cue for my wordpress website, and while I know exactly how to implement it in Studio, and how to build it, I need some help on the API side of things.

I do have some programming experience, but it has been many years since I’ve touched code (other than javascript). So I have two basic questions before I start and gather more intelligent ones as I stumble about on my staging site (I’ve already looked at the documentation for fmod html):

1. Where do the built FMOD studio project and fmod API files go on my web server/wordpress site so that I can properly call them via javascript?
  2. Are there any example projects available for this sort of thing? I found a forum post with links to http://www.fmod.org/public/js_studio but there isn’t anything there anymore.

Thanks in advance for starting me on this new and exciting journey! :slight_smile:

Hi,

It shouldn’t matter which directory you serve fmod.js or fmodstudio.js from, as long as you also serve a HTML5 file with the following lines that link those directories for your FMOD JavaScript file and your project’s JavaScript file:

<script type="text/javascript" src="./path/to/fmodstudio.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="./path/to/yourProject.js"></script>

You can find our HTML5 examples at the following URLs:

The source for those examples can be found in the FMOD Engine HTML5 installer in the ./api/core/examples and ./api/studio/examples directories respectively.

If you have any further questions, feel free to let me know.