FMOD Integration (UE 4.26) Causes Project to crash on Editor startup

Hi,

We’ve migrated our project to UE4.26 and with it switched to the latest FMOD integration, but unfortunatley we’re getting a crash on start up, caused by FMOD.

Here’s the call stack:

FWindowsErrorOutputDevice::Serialize(const wchar_t *,Type,const FName &) WindowsErrorOutputDevice.cpp:34
FOutputDevice::LogfImpl(Type,const wchar_t *,…) OutputDevice.cpp:56
UPackage::Save(UPackage *,UObject *,EObjectFlags,const wchar_t *,FOutputDevice *,FLinkerNull *,bool,bool,unsigned int,const ITargetPlatform *,const FDateTime &,bool,FArchiveDiffMap *,FSavePackageContext *) SavePackage.cpp:3341
UPackage::SavePackage(UPackage *,UObject *,EObjectFlags,const wchar_t *,FOutputDevice *,FLinkerNull *,bool,bool,unsigned int,const ITargetPlatform *,const FDateTime &,bool) SavePackage.cpp:4818
FFMODAssetBuilder::BuildAssetLookup(const FString &,const FString &) FMODAssetBuilder.cpp:287
FFMODAssetBuilder::ProcessBanks() FMODAssetBuilder.cpp:43
FFMODStudioEditorModule::OnPostEngineInit() FMODStudioEditorModule.cpp:364
TBaseRawMethodDelegateInstance<0,FFMODStudioEditorModule,void cdecl(void),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>::ExecuteIfSafe() DelegateInstancesImpl.h:467
TMulticastDelegate<void cdecl(void),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>::Broadcast() DelegateSignatureImpl.inl:955
FEngineLoop::Init() LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:3956
EditorInit(IEngineLoop &) UnrealEdGlobals.cpp:93
GuardedMain(const wchar_t *) Launch.cpp:148
WinMain(HINSTANCE
*,HINSTANCE
*,char *,int) LaunchWindows.cpp:257
__scrt_common_main_seh() 0x00007ff6d0e2801a
BaseThreadInitThunk 0x00007ff88dd47034
RtlUserThreadStart 0x00007ff88efc2651

We’re running Windows 10, UE 4.26 with the latest FMOD integration. The integration is in our Engines Plugin folder. We’re using perforce as VC - (I’m mentioning this because I’ve stumbled across some post that mention errors with the new integration caused by FMOD assets being read-only) I’ve tryed checking out all FMOD assets with no succes.

Any help is hugely appreciated.

That does look a lot like the other issues we’d seen with source control integration / read-only files causing crashes, but having all of the FMOD assets (i.e. all .uasset files under Content/FMOD) checked out at startup should prevent the crash.

If you’re comfortable grabbing the latest source from GitHub then you can already get the fixes for the issues with source control, it would be worth doing to rule that out as the problem.

If you’re not able to use the plugin source from GitHub, or if you do and the crashes persist, could you share the UE4 logs? There might be some clues in there to any other problem.

I have tried using the 2.01.09 build and the GitHub build and both cause a crash when building the project.

I can’t upload the log file here.

Any suggestions would be appreciated because UE crashing every time I build is annoying.

You can upload files to your FMOD Profile and we will be able to access them from there.