I’m fairly experienced with Unity, but very new to FMOD and having a problem that is driving me insane. I’m in Unity 2017.3.of3 and using an FMOD project built in what I think is 1.10.03. I’m the engineer and I’m working with an audio designer who is sending me updates to an FMOD project. Here’s where I’m at.
- I integrate the first FMOD test project and play a couple sounds - works fine.
- Audio Designer sends me an updated version, which I use to overwrite the existing files.
- Unity doesn’t complain, but despite the FMOD project being entirely new, Unity is showing me the old banks and plays the old sounds.
- I try to delete the FMOD project and get a windows error because something I can’t track down is holding on to it.
- I restart my machine.
- I completely blow away the FMOD project.
- Unity (correctly) complains that it can’t find the project.
- I copy the new project back over and point my project to it in FMOD settings.
- Same as #3
Please help? I don’t understand how Unity can be holding on to references from an FMOD project that I deleted. I’ve tried everything in Unity’s FMOD menu - refreshing banks and such. No luck.