FMOD Studio 2.01.07 Profiler Connects to Unity, but Events Aren't Recorded

Hi Folks,
I can enable Live Update, and it appears that data is recording, but it doesn’t appear as though audio is being received in the Profiler’s Master, and no events are being registered. We’re using FMOD 2.01.07 and Unity 2020.3.1f1.

Thanks Matt!

I know this sounds stupid, but I think I remember having this kind of behavior if there were either no project loaded in FMOD, or maybe another version of the project. Did you try to simply rebuild up-to-date banks and import them in Unity?

Haha, not a stupid question, you do make a valid point in that the dev pushed their FMOD settings, and they were using multiplatform build, instead of connecting to the project. I did make sure to switch that back, though, and reconnect the FMOD project. The update to Unity 2020 was fairly recent, and I don’t recall if I ran the Profiler on this particular project before then.

Looking at your screenshot, the record button in the transport bar isn’t highlighted. Click it to begin recording.

Hi Joseph,
The screenshot was taken after recording. You can see that there’s no waveform and no event tracks, after the fact.

Thanks, Matt

This issue is still unresolved for me. If if helps, I’m seeing the error [FMOD] FMOD_OS_Net_Listen : Cannot listen for connections, port 9264 is currently in use in Unity, even though FMOD is telling me Live Update is active.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Matt

[FMOD] FMOD_OS_Net_Listen : Cannot listen for connections, port 9264 is currently in use suggests that some other application is already using that port. I suggest you check which application is using it. On Windows, this can be achieved by running the command prompt in terminal mode and running netstat; on macOS, you can use the Port Scan tab of the Network Utility app.