Getting a tonne of errors using FMOD Bank loader

Hi. Our game had the Load Banks → All option enabled in the FMOD Setttings object as well as a bank loader in our front end which does the same thing. I’ve set Load Banks → None on the FMOD Settings object and now none of the events are loading. I’ve debugged as best I can and the banks seem to be loading, and the events are present in those banks. The GUID lookup seems to be failing but I can’t tell why.

It seems like the whole system is initialized wrong somehow.

[FMOD] System::getBus(bus:/, 000000525C0EE118) returned ERR_EVENT_NOTFOUND for STUDIO_SYSTEM (0x1FFF1F).
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:ERROR_CALLBACK (intptr,FMOD.SYSTEM_CALLBACK_TYPE,intptr,intptr,intptr) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:63)
FMOD.Studio.System:getBus (string,FMOD.Studio.Bus&) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/wrapper/fmod_studio.cs:445)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:PauseAllEvents (bool) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:1358)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:OnApplicationPause (bool) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:795)

This error seems to be saying the GUID is all zeros, but the event emitter looks sensible to me

[FMOD] System::lookupID(event:/enviro/ambi/global/G_ambi, 000000525C0EDF48:{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}) returned ERR_EVENT_NOTFOUND for STUDIO_SYSTEM (0x1FFF1F).
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:ERROR_CALLBACK (intptr,FMOD.SYSTEM_CALLBACK_TYPE,intptr,intptr,intptr) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:63)
FMOD.Studio.System:lookupID (string,System.Guid&) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/wrapper/fmod_studio.cs:537)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:PathToGUID (string) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:1151)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:GetEventDescription (string) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:1243)
FMODUnity.StudioEventEmitter:Lookup () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioEventEmitter.cs:124)
FMODUnity.StudioEventEmitter:Play () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioEventEmitter.cs:153)
FMODUnity.StudioEventEmitter:HandleGameEvent (FMODUnity.EmitterGameEvent) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioEventEmitter.cs:114)
FMODUnity.StudioEventEmitter:Start () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioEventEmitter.cs:77)

I get those errors on start and then like thousands of other errors.

On FMOD 2.1, Unity 2021.3.6f1

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to reproduce your issue. Could you please provide some more info? Specifically:

• Your minor FMOD version (i.e. 2.01.xx)

• A screenshot of your FMOD Unity settings

• A screenshot of the settings of the Bank Loader you’re using

• A complete log with the logging level set to “Log” under FMOD Settings → Initialization → Logging Level

Thanks!

Minor version is 2.01.17

The log is too big to put in raw text and I’m not allowed to upload attachments because I’m a new user!

Screenshot 2022-12-05 084838

From what I can tell, it seems like you haven’t loaded your master bank and .strings.bank in the Bank Loader. Since it contains data regarding the entire project, the master bank needs to be loaded before any event can be played. Likewise, the corresponding .strings.bank file contains the name, path and GUID information for all of your events, and each bank’s folder path - the System.lookupID() call in your second error, which takes an path of something in your project and returns the corresponding GUID, is failing because it has no reference for paths to compare against.

Try loading both of those banks and seeing if it resolves your issue.

Hey hey that works! Thanks, that was a silly mistake. I’m new to FMOD :blush:

1 Like