How to detect overlap on UE4 grass system...

Hi, currently have my Physical Materials in UE4 assigned to the meshes of the grass used in the grass system. My Physical Materials call a data table that directs FMOD on what to play…

I’m using this for the landscape layers to create Foley audio when you drive over it. But I can’t seem to get my pawn to detect when I overlap the foliage.

Ideally, I’d like to drive over or through a big bush and trigger my FMOD audio event in the PM Data Table as well as any other particles effects in the table.

I know if we made these manually with trigger boxes, it could be done, but there has to be a more efficient way to just detect when you’re encountered an object in the grass system wit ha pawn, is there something I’m missing?

Right now, I’m currently using a ray-trace to determine the physical material. This works just fine on the terrain layers or on the collision with objects that have geometry on them. Such as speedtree…

Is there a way to know when the pawn overlaps the grass foliage system?
Any help or directions to be pointed in would be helpful. Thank you.

You may have more luck asking this on a general UE4 forum rather than here.
I’ll leave this question here in case any other users have any ideas.

Hey there… Thanks… I did ask on UDN on this one as well. I think I’m close to figuring it out… Getting the mesh’s themselves to generate volume boxes upon spawn… instead of having to manually place each one. Looking into this now…