How to determine version number from bank files or project files?

Hi,

Is there a recommended way to determine what version of FMOD was used to build the resulting .bank files. Or maybe that can be better done if I have access to the project files. E.g. I see that the .xml files in the “Metadata” folder do show a version number if you open them in a text editor, but it’s not as precise as we might want. E.g. for a current project I’m working on, the banks were built with 2.02.04 but a resulting XML file says 02.01.00.

Thanks,
Sean

Hi,

Unfortunately, we only save the major version as the project is designed to be forwards and backward-compatible within a major version. Could you elaborate and what you are hoping to achieve and I could pass it on to our development team to look into?

Thanks, Connor. We have an old project that we were updating for more recent OSs and our programmer was trying to assess if we might need to update FMOD to have things run okay. We think we figured out what API we had left off at, but I couldn’t confirm that this was indeed the version that the banks were built with. However, given the nice compatibility support within the major versions, it sounds like we’d be fine if we didn’t get it exact, but I was curious if there was a way.

Thanks again,
Sean

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, as long as the major version is the same then you will be ok opening the project in a different minor version.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to get the minor version at this time.