How to set up an FMOD event to get a hitting sfx when the play shoots at an object in Unity?

Hi there,

I’ve been getting my head around integrating FMOD into Unity3D over the last few weeks, and I have hit a bit of a wall with the FMOD’s tutorial Survival Shooter. I’m only just getting used to scripting, so please excuse me if I use the wrong terminology!

I want to create an event where the player shoots at an object (car), and I get the impact of the bullet hitting the car. I created a 3D empty object, and I attached it to the object (car). I then checked the 'Is Trigger" on the Box Collider component.

After I add an FMOD Studio Parameter trigger and I select the player prefab. The player had already an FMOD Event Emitter attached to it. I did use the player to check whether the trigger works. It did work.

However, I do not know how to set up the bullet or the gun as a trigger to get the hit sfx.

Does anyone know if I can find a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

In Unity, for a collider component to detect a collision, the thing it’s colliding with must also be a collider. Does the bullet have a collider component?