Import workflow changed

The process for importing banks in the new integration has changed slightly from the previous release.

If you are upgrading from 1.2, you need to use the “Import Banks” instead of “Refresh Event List” the first time you import your project into the new version of the integration. You also need to select the “Build” directory instead of GUIDs.txt. You no longer need to generate the GUIDs.txt from Studio at all.

The integration should load all the banks when the scene is started, “event not found” would indicate that the event was not assigned to a bank, or that the bank it is assigned to is not loaded.

When the integration imports the banks it will copy all the bank files from the studio directory into the StreamingAssets directory of the Unity project. It will also create a text file FMOD_Studio_Banks.txt that lists the name of all the bank files. The FMODListener will read this text file and then load each of the bank files listed inside it.

Checklist:
FMODListener attached to camera.
All banks loaded at start up with no errors.
Event is assigned to a bank.

Workflow for adding new events:
In FMOD Studio: Assign event to bank, rebuild banks
In Unity: import/refresh bank list.

Testing:
Inside Unity, locate the event in the FMODAssets folder and preview it in the editor. That will load the banks and play it, if that works but it doesn’t work in game, that would indicate that there is an issue with how the game/scene is set up.

Thank you, Peter, for that checklist!

I’m SUCH an idiot. I kept missing the significance of ‘add the listener to the camera’ in the other posts, meaning go to Component->Scripts->FMOD Listener and add to the camera. I’d only added a Main script to the camera, and was confused because an ‘Audio Listener’ (not FMOD) was already attached to the camera.

Works fine now, thanks again,
Rukidnao

I’m getting the same ERR_EVENT_NOTFOUND as juliankwan, in the same circumstances - do you guys have any debugging advice?

Hi metaphysician,

Currently the integration is configured to use the same banks across all platforms, so I would advise using the Desktop banks on iOS. There is no difference between the platforms as far as FMOD Studio is concerned, they are just separate bank configuration settings. Some of them expose platform specific codecs, but neither iOS or Desktop have platform specific codecs so there should be any issue. We recommend 24kHz ADPCM for mobile, which can be set up for the “Desktop” target.

Howdy.

Having some trouble with the latest integration. It seems only the Streaming Assets folder is being added to my Unity Project.

I’m getting an error stating that the Live Update is busy.

FMOD Error (ERR_EVENT_LIVEUPDATE_BUSY): The live update connection failed due to the game already being connected.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
FMOD.Studio.UnityUtil:LogWarning(String) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/FMOD_StudioSystem.cs:53)
FMOD.Studio.UnityUtil:ERRCHECK(RESULT) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/FMOD_StudioSystem.cs:91)
FMODEditorExtension:ERRCHECK(RESULT) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/Editor/FMODEditorExtension.cs:673)
FMODEditorExtension:GatherNewAssets(String, List`1) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/Editor/FMODEditorExtension.cs:481)
FMODEditorExtension:ImportAndRefresh(String) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/Editor/FMODEditorExtension.cs:227)
FMODEditorExtension:ImportBanks() (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/Editor/FMODEditorExtension.cs:126)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Deganoth,

Unfortunately the error codes don’t quite line up in the current integration version. There are six error codes which have been deleted, this means that the LIVEUDPATE_BUSY error you are seeing is actually VERSION error, indicating that the version of FMOD Studio used to build the banks does not match the version of the Unity integration. Make sure to upgrade FMOD Studio to 1.03.00 as well.

We will be releasing an updated version of the integration today 1.03.01 which will fix this issue with the error codes and make it easier to track down these issues.

Thanks!

1.03.01 got pushed back to next week so we will update the unity integration separately tomorrow to fix the error codes.

I’ve downloaded the latest Unity integration package (fmodstudio10300b.unitypackage) and am using the latest version of FMOD studio as far as I can tell (fmodstudio10300win-installer.exe), but the integration still appears to be generating errors, even after regenerating everything.

The confusing part is that when I pass in the guid of the event, this line returns OK:

FMOD.Studio.Util.ParseID(path, out id));

but further below in the getEvent function:

system.getEvent calls FMOD_Studio_System_GetEvent

and that function returns ERR_EVENT_NOTFOUND despite the assets being in the FMODAssets folders.

Any suggestions on how to debug this issue?

Hi juliankwan,

Could you please send an email to support@fmod.org along with your FMOD Studio project so I can take a look?

one other note on this. it seems to always want a Desktop build in addition to the iOS build. since i was using Unity Free, i initially decided against including the Desktop build because i wanted to use iOS. this created import errors.

since i am documenting this for curriculum, i would like to know if the Desktop build is always required (perhaps it has something to do with being unable to preview FMOD Studio events unless you build in Desktop?). just want a clear answer on this - thanks!