FMOD Event not found error

I am having a problem where my events are not being found.

Here are the things I think I have done correctly:
Imported FMOD into Unity.
I have the FMOD folder in the same directory as the Unity Assets folder, not inside of the Assets folder.
I have an FMOD Listener on my Main Camera.
Linked the FMOD settings to my .fspro.

I have tried some other solutions on the forum involving deleting StreamingAssets and FMODStudioCache.asset, etc.

For some reason, when I build the FMOD Studio project my StreamingAssets do not come back. The banks are not copied over at all. When I run in Unity, the only errors I get are that the event is not found.

edit: We are using Perforce for version control. I don’t know if that is relevant.

I have the same problem. Do you have a good solution

I’m afraid we’ll need more information to diagnose this issue.

Are all your events assigned to banks?

Do any FMOD-related error messages appear in Unity’s console?

Does the version of FMOD Studio that you’re using match the version of FMOD Studio supported by the FMOD Unity integration? (The version downloaded through Unity’s Asset Store is compatible with FMOD Studio version 2.00.xx, but not with FMOD Studio version 2.01.00 and later.)

I am not sure what you mean by “assigned to banks”. I have only created some events and tried to call them in a script.

A warning looks like this: [FMOD] Event not found: event:/BGM/background_music_default

I did not use the Unity Asset Store. I added a custom package directly from the FMOD website. I am using FMOD Studio version 2.01.04 and FMOD Studio Unity Integration version 2.01.04 (I believe).

Assigning an event to a bank ensures that the event will be included in that bank when that bank is built. Only events included in banks can be loaded and played in a game.

To assign an event to a bank in FMOD Studio, right-click on the event and select “Assign to Bank” from the context menu, then select the bank you want to assign it to.

To rebuild your project’s banks after changing their contents, select “File > Build” in FMOD Studio while your target platform is selected in the platform dropdown menu, or select “File > Build All Platforms” in FMOD Studio to build banks for all your target platforms.

aw man! (i have fmod studio 2.02.01) so how will I be able to play sounds from fmod studio in unity!!

Our FMOD Unity integration documentation covers the process in detail. Do you have any specific questions about parts of this process that you’re having trouble with?

well, whenever i typed FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.PlayOneShot("event:/Example"); it always said “event not found” or something like that. so I’ve gotten rid of the fmod for unity asset which I downloaded from the asset store because you said that the asset doesn’t work with any version of fmod studio higher than 2.00.xx, and I have fmod studio 2.02.01.

oh hang on, scratch that… it works now. I downloaded it from the fmod download site rather than the asset store, and it now works with that line of code. :smiley:

i think the problem was the fmod studio listeners and the fmod studio event emitter components… i wonder why…

Unfortunately, without the ability to examine your project, there’s no easy way for us to diagnose the cause of this issue, as we have not been able to reproduce it locally.