Is FMOD trying to copy banks to the wrong folder?

Thanks for the recommendation, but I’ve updated all files to ones in the github repo and it hasn’t solved the issue.

Could you try also manually deleting the FMODStudioCache.asset.

I just deleted it. The issue is still there.

I’m currently debugging EventManager.cs. On the line where sourcePath is defined, I see that bankSourceFolder is the relative folder path (no Master Bank at the end), and bankRef.Name is a full system path (and Master Bank at the end). So combining these will not be a valid path.

bankRef.Name shouldn’t be the full system path (anymore), it should only be the file name plus any sub-directory.

We are very close to releasing 2.00.01, so I have uploaded the source code to Github which includes many other fixes as well.

Cool! I might be the first user trying it out right now. It’s giving me some simpler errors now.

Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioEventEmitter.cs(7,18): error CS0509: FMODUnity.StudioEventEmitter': cannot derive from sealed typeSystem.EventHandler’

(Filename: Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioEventEmitter.cs Line: 7)

Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioGlobalParameterTrigger.cs(7,18): error CS0509: FMODUnity.StudioGlobalParameterTrigger': cannot derive from sealed typeSystem.EventHandler’

(Filename: Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioGlobalParameterTrigger.cs Line: 7)

Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioParameterTrigger.cs(14,18): error CS0509: FMODUnity.StudioParameterTrigger': cannot derive from sealed typeSystem.EventHandler’

(Filename: Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioParameterTrigger.cs Line: 14)

Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs(466,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FMODRuntimeManagerOnGUIHelper’ could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

(Filename: Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs Line: 466)

Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioEventEmitter.cs(83,33): error CS0115: `FMODUnity.StudioEventEmitter.HandleGameEvent(FMODUnity.EmitterGameEvent)’ is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

(Filename: Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioEventEmitter.cs Line: 83)

Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioGlobalParameterTrigger.cs(31,33): error CS0115: `FMODUnity.StudioGlobalParameterTrigger.HandleGameEvent(FMODUnity.EmitterGameEvent)’ is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

(Filename: Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioGlobalParameterTrigger.cs Line: 31)

Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioParameterTrigger.cs(39,33): error CS0115: `FMODUnity.StudioParameterTrigger.HandleGameEvent(FMODUnity.EmitterGameEvent)’ is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

(Filename: Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/StudioParameterTrigger.cs Line: 39)

Whoops, sorry I was in too much of a rush and missed the new files that needed to be added. They should be in the repo now.

Thanks! I’m still getting the full system path in bankRef.Name sometimes. I mean this code in EventManager.cs is being hit two times, and the first iteration correctly contains “Master Bank.strings”. But the second time around, bankRef.Name contains the full system path and produces the same old error.

If you haven’t already, try deleting the FMODStudioCache.asset again.

How are you linking the integration to the banks? (Project, Single Platform, Multi Platform)

Not sure, but I think Multi Platform. Should I be looking in FMOD > Edit Settings?

Using ‘FMOD > Edit Settings’ will give you a nicer UI.

On a side note, I don’t think it will have any effect on the current issue:
It looks like you have the Studio Project inside your Unity projects Assets folder, normally we wouldn’t recommend this as it can bloat your Unity project. I would recommend at least moving it up a level so it is next to the Assets folder, rather than in it.

Good tip. That was a poor assumption on my part. And yes, getting it out of Assets didn’t fix anything.

I was actually able to reproduce the issue by having the project/banks inside the Assets folder, then as soon as I moved them out of there it worked again. The pathing doesn’t seem to handle that very well, but are you certain that yours still doesn’t work?

I’m certain. And I deleted FMODStudioCache.asset. Do settings seem correct?

The Source Project Path should be the full system path to the Studio project, are you inputting this manually? If you change the UI mode back to normal, you can use the browser to select the Studio project.

Ah! That isan improvement, but still not perfect. I browse a file in normal UI mode, and it automatically turns into this.

Now the file not found error is C:\Users\albra\Documents\UnityProjects\Magnetops\effects2\Build\Desktop\effects2\Build\Desktop\Master Bank.strings.bank does not exist

Notice how \effects2\Build\Desktop is repeated.

Have you tried deleting the FMODStudioCache.asset again?

SOLVED! So to summarize, other users will want to get version 2.00.01 or later. Take the fspro file out of Assets which was the main issue, and delete FMODStudioCache.asset so it can be regenerated. Thank you very much for your incredible support!

1 Like

phew Just glad we managed to get it sorted! Thanks for you help!

1 Like