Is there a way to loop action sheets?

Hi there,

Title says it all, I can’t seem to find a way to loop an action sheet. I know that at a first glance looping it might feel like defeating the actual purpose of an action sheet, but on the thing I’m working on it completely makes sense and would work perfectly.
I tried adding a command event at the end of the action sheet that triggers that same action sheet again, and it seemed to work fine until I started to notice some weird stuff (like pausing the event doesn’t pause the sound etc).

Anyway, any help with that would be super appreciated!
Thanks in advance

There is currently no way to loop an action sheet. You’re not the first person to request this feature. I’ll add your name to the list of people interested in it.

In the mean time, you can work around this issue by using a multi instrument set to “sequential - local” playlist selection mode. Under-the-hood, this uses much of the same code as a consecutive action sheet, and so will produce similar behavior provided the loop mode is configured appropriately.

I’m guessing you used a start event command instrument. If so, so your event was technically never looping: Rather, whenever an instance of your event reached the end of its action sheet playlist, it was spawning a new independent instance of the same event, which would start playing from its beginning. Each instance of your event would then go on to create yet another instance of itself, ad infinitum. Pausing one event instance naturally has no effect on other instances of the same event, which would explain the behavior you observed.

Thanks a bunch, Joseph! In the meantime, the workaround you suggested will do.
And yeah, please feel free to add my name to that list!

Cheers,
Gustavo