Oh, as usual, I worked out how to do this as soon as I posted this (after an hour of trying to work it out)…
For those interested…
The example i was trying to make was for an underwater VO scene that triggered bubbles whenever the character talks. When the characters VO volume goes past a certain level, a bubble sound plays.
Here’s how I achieved it.
- Add a Sidechain to the audio track that has the VO you want to effect the parameter.
- Create a new parameter.
- Select your new parameter tab, and place your new audio (the bubbles) on the parameter timeline at the upper limit of your param value.
- Right click your parameter knob/dial, and select “Add modulation> Sidechain”
- Now click your VO Audio track that contains your sidechain input, right click and select “Connect to Modulator” and select your parameter.
- Now you can select the NAME of the parameter next to the parameter knob to bring up the modulator settings for the sidechain and set up your threshold, amounts to effect, attack and release.
- You can further tweak the sensitivity by editing the starting point of your sidechain parameter triggered sound (bubbles) to suit the volume of the original audio track volume.
Hope this helps someone else…