Issue : `PlayModeStateChange' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Unity version : 2017.1.0f3

FMOD version : 2.00.03

Trying to work on an old project but after importing the FMOD integration package i get.

Blockquote Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs(609,40): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PlayModeStateChange’ could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Opening the project in Unity 2017.3.1 and upwards fixes the integration issue but causes several other problems in the game that are beyond me.

Has anyone managed to fix this for Unity version : 2017.1.0f3 and integrate FMOD ?

The link below mentions changing " PlayModeStateChanged to PlaymodeStateChanged." , but i’m not sure where to do that exactly

https://www.fmod.com/resources/documentation-unity?version=2.0&page=welcome.html#supported-unity-versions

The Integration will work with all versions of Unity from 2017.4 onwards.

You can normally double click the error message in Unity and it will open the file with your IDE, otherwise you can find it in Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs line 609.