Known issues for 2.01.08

There are known issues in the FMOD API 2.01.08 release. This can negatively affect users so this post has been made to detail them and provide workarounds.

FMOD Studio.

Issue #1 : Build error with Convolution Reverb

Description : Building banks when using convolution reverb will cause a build error.
Platforms: All
Resolution : Pressing ignore will continue to build the bank without convolution reverb. Otherwise use 2.01.07 for the time being. This will be fixed in 2.01.09.

Issue #2 : Convolution Reverb crash

Description : Using convolution reverb with the runtime can lead to a crash.
Resolution : Remove convolution reverb instances, or use 2.01.07 for the time being. This will be fixed in 2.01.09.

FMOD API.

Issue #1 : Convolution Reverb Crash.

Description : Using convolution reverb with the runtime can lead to a crash.
Resolution : Use 2.01.07 for the time being. This will be fixed in 2.01.09.

2 Likes

Question: is 2.01 in beta state? Should we use 2.00 instead?

No, 2.01 is not in beta, it did have an unfortunate issue and releasing the patch was delayed longer than we’d like. I can confirm 2.01.09 is available now and will resolve these issues.

1 Like

Strange… I stumbled upon this issue and found this thread, upgraded to 2.01.10, and I still have the issue.

I even tried with a blank project with only an additionnal return with an convolution reverb and the build still fails.

Any insights about that ?

Ho!

It seems that this issue is triggered if you create an empty convolution reverb return without any IR by default. If I do add an IR by default, the error goes away.

Yes, the original problem was there was no error when the IR was missing. We introduced an error message, but unfortunately it triggered all the time. Now we fixed that issue, you should see the error if the IR hasn’t been specified or if it has, but the file is missing on disk. Otherwise, no error.

1 Like