Looped sound pitches up as it moves farther away

Hey y’all, pretty new to FMOD (and also forums, so forgive me if I’m doing this wrong) and trying to work with an event that moves away from the players perspective. In FMOD, it works perfectly fine; distance, pitch, speed, etc. But in-game the event pitches up as it moves away from the player, the distance fade does not work, and it gets unnaturally loud before abruptly cutting off. Obviously this is not the desired effect. I’ve been trying to make it work for the past 4 hours and have finally caved enough to ask for help. I have no idea what to do to fix this anymore.

Hi,

What version of the FMOD integration are you using? Is this happening in Unity/Unreal or just the FMOD API?

Would it be possible to get a video recording of it happening in-game and a screenshot of the effect that is producing the issue?

Sure, I’ll get a recording of both. I’ve ben really busy this week, hence the late reply

1 Like

I can’t upload a video file, so I uploaded to youtube, and apparently cannot send two embeds in one reply, so hold on

Hi,

Thank you for the image and video.

What version of the FMOD integration are you using? Is this happening in Unity/Unreal or just the FMOD API?

How are you moving the missile in your project?

2.02.14 vers. I’m unsure about Unity/Unreal/FMOD API. War Thunder runs on DAGOR, and it’s open source. The missile, at least how I tried to make it, uses a distance parameter to move the sound farther away, and inside FMOD, it’s working. Outside, not so much.

Hi,

Thank you for the information. The issue may be with how the missile moves in the game. The Doppler relies on the velocity of the object for calculations.

I am not familiar with how DAGOR works but if you can move the missile using force rather than using the parameter it may allow the Doppler to behave as expected.