migrating from fmod ex

Hi,
FMOD_ERR_MAXAUDIBLE is only ever going to be returned from System::playSound, not getParameter. I expect you have a lib and header mixup. Please make sure you have the two in sync.

If (FMOD_System_GetMasterChannelGroup(hSystem, @hMasterChannelGroup) = 0)
{
  If (hMasterChannelGroup)
  {
    If (FMOD_System_CreateDSPByType(hSystem, FMOD_DSP_TYPE_FFT, @hDSP) = 0)
    {
      If (hDSP)
      {
        If (FMOD_DSP_SetParameterInt(hDSP, FMOD_DSP_FFT_WINDOWSIZE, 1024) = 0)
        {
          If (FMOD_DSP_SetParameterInt(hDSP, FMOD_DSP_FFT_WINDOWTYPE, FMOD_DSP_FFT_WINDOW_RECT) = 0)
          {
            If (FMOD_ChannelGroup_AddDSP(hMasterChannelGroup, FMOD_CHANNELCONTROL_DSP_HEAD, hDSP, 0) = 0)
            {
              xResult = True;
            }
          }
        }
        If (!xBool1)
        {
          If (FMOD_DSP_Release(hDSP) = 0)
          {
            hDSP = 0
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

Should work for initializing the DSP - unless by changing from purebasic to a c/c++ like syntax I haven’t made any mistake.
With the new insight that the spectrum data parameter, the player seems to work stable again, but no spectrum shown anyway.
BTW, is this old spectrum routine fully backwards compatible with older fmod studio low level api versions?
EDIT: Fixed FMOD_DSP_Release() = 0, instead of FMOD_DSP_Release(hDSP) in code

Sorry, I’m a bit confused then. What header files should I be using with the lowlevel api then? I currently just use <fmod.hpp>.

Thanks!

you use fmod.hpp

The issue is that it looks like you have versions of fmod headers mixed up with versions of the lib/dll files.

Huh. Which libs should I be using then (specifically, for release / debug with visual studio)? I specify the directory as the FMOD Lowlevel API, but atm am not sure which libraries I’m specifying to be used (I’ll post later when I can check!).