Object Spatializer and transceivers on PS4 VR

Hi.

This is the 1rst time we use FMOD on a project and we’re developing a VR game for different platforms, including PS-VR. If im’ not wrong, only the Object Spatializer will work on the PS4 but the documentation is not very clear about this spatializer.

The game uses tranceivers to send the signal from one mix-group (e.g. SFX Enemies, wich include different enemies) to an event called “Speaker”, wich emitts the sounds, like in a cinema or a TV. Each one of those events “enemies” had their own spatializer because the POV can be 1rst person or you can see the action throught a screen (that’s why the “Speaker” event exists).

I can’t test everyday the PS4 builds (wich works fine on 1rst person view), so I have some questions:

• Do Object Spatializer send events directly to Master, so audio don’t arrive to mix-group’s transceivers?
  • In that case, I suppose we need to place a transceiver on each event, and not on groups. Is that going to consume much more CPU than the normal mixer?
  • There’s any other way to control Object Spatialized Events as a group, and apply effects?

Any idea will be truly apreciated. As a suggestion, I would like to say that a block diagram of the Object Spatializer and the normal Spatializer may help people to understand the signal flow differences :slightly_smiling_face:.

Thanks,
Ricardo Fermín.

The object spatializer outputs through the mixer’s bus routing but it ignores any effects in the chain. You can adjust only use buses to adjust the volume.

The transceiver uses about the same CPU resources as using a send. Whilst it is more than not using a transceiver, the performance hit is so little you wouldn’t notice.

If you are using a transceiver in an event to receive signal before going into an object spatializer, you can place effects in between the receiving transceiver and the object spatializer.

Thanks Richard