Oculus Spatial Reverb Stops Working After Changing Spatializer Reverb Send Amount

Hi Folks,
I’m experiencing some odd behaviour when tweaking settings of the Oculus Spaital Reverb, followed by changing the reverb send level on an Event. I’m using OSP 1.38.0.0 with FMOD 2.00.03 and Unity 2019.2.4f1.

Things work fine when I change the Spatial Reverb’s Room Settings, build and play test, but once I go back to FMOD, change a send level and build, the reverb no longer works. However, once there’s a change in room geometry, in this case an NPC walking onto a small spaceship, the reverb starts to work again.

I’ve tried troubleshooting by moving far away from the NPC in the first part of the game level, and although attenuation is working, I don’t hear any reverb.

I suppose it’s possible that there are no surfaces for the reflections in this first scene, except that it works on that initial build, before changing the send levels.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Matt

I should clarify, the reverb is broken for all events, not just the NPC in my initial post.

I do have one thought. Could the issue be caused by triggering one-shot events vs instances? I am not the programmer on this project, so I’m looking for potential causes that I can discuss with the dev.
Thanks, Matt

I have not been able to reproduce this issue, I’m assuming your not getting any errors or warnings in Unity? Have you also had a look on the Oculus forum for a similar issue?