OculusSpatializerFMOD - Unable to find plugin

Apologies - this is an Unreal issue than Fmod related.

Trying to find assistance in using Oculus Spatializer. with FMOD into UE 4.2.7
Installing the plugin in FMOD studio is easy.

I can’t seem to make UE find the plugin.

Steps taken: Added OculusSpatializerFMOD as a line in audio fmod plugins from UE plugins menu.

Copied OculusSpatializerFMOD.DLL into Project>Plugins>FMODstudio>Binaries>platform (all platforms).
I tried adding a plugins.txt with plugin name

|Error||Unable to find plugin ‘OculusSpatializerFMOD’ (referenced via TheProjectName.uproject → FMODStudio.uplugin). Install it and try again, or remove it from the required plugin list.|ThePhoenixGene|E:\Unreal_MetaFork4_27_v57\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\UnrealBuildTool|1|||

Is it OK for me to have the DLL in project level? Is there anywhere else I need to put it? Do I need to modify the fmod UAP or anything else? The project (and engine) was built locally in Visual Studio - anything else I need to do with that?

I am sure there is something basic I am missing. I super appreciate any tips :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I had the the plugin line in the incorrect setting section. Removed ‘oculusspatializerfmod’ line from plugins>audio>fmod studio integration>plugins. Added same line into project settings>plugins>Fmod Studio

1 Like