Ogg or wav file, what file type should i be using?

hi, i made an ambient track that loops back into itself seamlessly in my DAW i notice when i render it to OGG it has a click. so umm. how are ppl getting ogg files to loop seamlessly for games? is there as render setting for this? I use Reaper we have every setting imaginable.

like in the Celeste project they are using OGG files and it loops without a click at the end… i don’t know anyone to ask about this. did some google searching and someone else had the same issue last month with no solution.

Is there a solution for this. I can render the same file out in WAV format with no issues. it’s the ogg rendering causing this. If someone could help solve this that would be great, thanks

Edit: i’m just noticing all my ogg files i render out have a click at the end. is there a way around this? there must be. i can’t seem to find it searching online and even ppl in the Reaper discord don’t use OGG format so no one really knows the answer i’m looking for.

My WAV file is 151 mb and my OGG files of the same track is only 10 mb. so i feel like we really need to figure this out as soon as possible thanks

I tripple checked my WAV file and it’s not making any noise at all, but in FMod when it loops there is a small snap sound. this is kind driving me crazy i guess i give up until someone replies here.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 082740
would this cause this to happen. i notice the first time i did the same track it reached bar 302 and that event loops without a click sound, is this a known loop bug?

like can you only loop exactly on the bar?

ok wiat, this fixed it, so is this a bug?
Screenshot 2024-03-15 083939
because it loops seamlessly in Reaper and in Media player but i had to do this in Fmod luckily i crossfade the end of my song with the beginning so it works like this still without being direct on grid

To my knowledge, clicks at the end of a file rendered in your DAW is often caused by specific effects, and/or high CPU usage during the render - oversampling is a common culprit of this.

So that I can confirm this behaviour on my end, can I get your FMOD Studio version number, and a short series of steps that consistent reproduce the issue? There have been issues in older FMOD versions around click/pops when pausing or stopping due to insufficient volume ramping. There’s also a known issue where loop points embedded in source assets can cause clicks, so I would recommend ensuring that your assets are free of those.