Play a pitchcurve automation based on parameter condition

Hi all,
As the title suggests, is it possible to play a pitch automation curve just one time when a parameter reaches a certain level?

I am making a gearbox whine sample,and when my parameter ‘load’ reaches 100, i want it to play a wobbling pitch curve just once to recreate the wobbly forces on the transmission like in real life. Would this be possible?

Hi Jeroen, Ive actually been trying to figure out the best way to do this for our project as well. We are using Unreal, so Im thinking maybe doing this in Blueprint as an RPM override/modifier on every gear change, and then feeding FMOD the result is the best way to go. I cant think of a way to do this in FMOD. If they had an LFO plugin in FMOD, then I would definitely use that, and apply an ADSR envelope to trigger it on and off as needed during gear shifts.

This is certainly possible.

The easiest option would be to create your pitch automation curve on the timeline, trap the timeline cursor in a loop region just before it, and then apply a logic condition to that loop region such that the cursor leaves it and plays out the pitch automation whenever your load parameter is over 100.

That said, I’m not sure if this would work for your event. If not, let us know why so that we can amend this answer.

1 Like