Problem with FMOD_OUTPUTTYPE_WAVWRITER_NRT

Hello,

I’m using FMOD engine with output mode FMOD_OUTPUTTYPE_WAVWRITER_NRT to create video replay files of my game.

The problem is as follows : everything works as intended when I link against fmodL.dll.
When I link against fmod.dll however, only the first 3D sound, and no 2D sounds at all, are recorded in the WAV file.

Is there something obvious I’m missing ?

FMOD_OUTPUTTYPE_WAVWRITER_NRT should behave the same in both debug and release builds. Nothing obvious comes to mind, it sounds like something else must be effecting the events. Are the events all working as expected when not using wavwriter?

Thanks for your reply.

By events, do you mean the outcome of the program in general or something specific about FMOD ?

In respect to the expected outcome of the program, everything works perfectly as long as I’m not using FMOD_OUTPUTTYPE_WAVWRITER_NRT and fmod.dll conjointly. With the same executable for my program, using fmod.dll when creating the WAV file doesn’t work, while using fmodL.dll, renamed to fmod.dll, in its place, does work.

I have no other idea how to investigate this issue.

Sorry, events is the term used in the Studio API, I was meaning the sounds.
What version of FMOD are you currently using?

And I should have said I’m using the low level API. Version is 1.10.02.

Are you able to get it working using the examples included with the API download at all? This is usually a good way to test if a setting or lib is at fault.

I tried using FMOD_OUTPUTTYPE_WAVWRITER_NRT and FMOD_INIT_STREAM_FROM_UPDATE in the “3d” example, and the resulting WAV file was as expected.
Then I tried recreating the problem with my game and it worked correctly as well. I have no clue what happened. I’ll let you know if I have issues again.