Proper way to get START_EVENT_COMMAND callback parameters (or alternative)?

I’m using a command instrument to fire some one-shot events from within a larger music event. I’d like my game to get notifications when these happen, and ideally know which event was fired. I’ve been able to catch the START_EVENT_COMMAND callback, but I can’t seem to get the EventInstance out of the callback parameters. Is there a way to do this, or is it just a known bug (I think related: Using EventInstance captured from START_EVENT_COMMAND callback)?

Alternatively, I tried adding marker to the events that are being started this way. I don’t seem to get Marker callbacks for events triggered from command instruments. Is that expected behavior?

Ultimately, I’m just trying to have my game know that the current bg music event fired off a specific one-shot event. New to FMOD, so any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks!

This bug was resolved in 2.01.14, and I have verified the START_EVENT_COMMAND callback and it’s parameters are working fine in the latest verison of FMOD. What version are you using?
To get the event instance out of the parameter pointer you need to pass the parameter pointer into the constructor of an EventInstance:

FMOD.Studio.EventInstance inst = new FMOD.Studio.EventInstance(parameterPtr);

Make sure you use the 3rd parameter of the callback to do this, the 2nd parameter is the event instance of the command itself.
Here is the callback from the Programmer Sounds Example, adapted to print the path of an event triggered by a command instrument:

START_EVENT_COMMAND callback
[AOT.MonoPInvokeCallback(typeof(FMOD.Studio.EVENT_CALLBACK))]
static FMOD.RESULT DialogueEventCallback(FMOD.Studio.EVENT_CALLBACK_TYPE type, IntPtr instancePtr, IntPtr parameterPtr)
{
    FMOD.Studio.EventInstance instance = new FMOD.Studio.EventInstance(instancePtr);

switch (type)
    {
        case FMOD.Studio.EVENT_CALLBACK_TYPE.START_EVENT_COMMAND:
            {
                FMOD.Studio.EventInstance inst = new FMOD.Studio.EventInstance(parameterPtr);
                inst.getDescription(out FMOD.Studio.EventDescription desc);
                desc.getPath(out string path);
                Debug.Log("START_EVEN_COMMAND: Playing " + path);

break;
            }
    }
    return FMOD.RESULT.OK;
}