PS4 and HRTF

Hi,
We are currently working to make a build of our VR game for PS4. We are using the oculus spatializer plugin to integrate HRTF on other platforms, but I suspect that this plugin is not compatible with PS4 systems. How can I integrate HRTF using FMOD and Unity for PS4? On the PS4 dev website there is a link to FMOD main website to look for documentation, but I couldn’t find any. Is there any documentation about FMOD and PS4?
I alredy have access to PS4 api and dev website.

Thanks for your support
Simone

Hi Simone,

You can find the PS4 documentation in the FMOD PS4 API installation folder. You can find specific PS4 information in “Introduction” > “PS4 Specific Starter Guide”.

Yes, the Oculus plugin will not work on PS4 - only the 3D Object Panner will work. I mentioned in your other question that if you are working on a multi-platform game that require different spatializer plugins you will need separate projects for now.

Thanks,
Richard

Thank you for your aswer,
I was thinking about a possible solution to avoid the need of a duplicated project.
My idea was to add both the Oculus spatializer and the 3D Object Panner to the event and create a script, using the low level API, that set all the Oculus spatializers as bypassed before building for PS4 . Same thing with the 3D Object Panner when building for the other platforms.

Do you think this could be possible?

Thank you for your support,
Simone

Hi Simone,

I answered this in a different question of yours, but there will be a platform exclusion feature in FMOD Studio 1.10 that will be released soon. This seems exactly what you are looking for.

Thanks,
Richard

Thank you!