Questions about Resonance Audio

1,when I add Resonance Audio Source to event, the sounds become very muffled as if a lowpass filter is attached,but in fact,I didn’t add any effect.Why this muffled and how to make the sound clear ?
2,I can hear the sound change in FMOD Studio project when I add Resonance Audio Source,but the effect isn’t applied when I use Live Update.What else should I do to apply the Resonance Audio Source effect audible when using Live Update ?

Thank you very much

any help or tut to help me get things right?

There was an issue with the Resonance plugin that makes it sound muffled. This is going to be fixed in the next release. If you sign up to the newsletter you will know when the next release is shipped.

Can you provide more information on what you mean by Live Update? Do you have an existing game without the Resonance plugin and you’re adding it into the FMOD project whilst connected via Live Update? If so, you won’t hear changed in your game because the actual plugin DLL doesn’t exist in your game project. You will need to add this DLL to your game engine (how this is done depends on your game engine, it’s best to check out our documentation)

hi Richard,thanks for your reply.
That’s good to hear Resonance is going to be fixed , looking forward to the new version.

Hi,
Just curious to hear if this issues has been fixed with the 2.0 of FMOD studio?

A post says it has been fixed with Fmod Studio 2.0

I is fixed now and sounds much better then in the last version, as there was a bug in resonance audio apparently. One thing I have noticed unfortunately is that glitches can occur with ambisonic files unfortunately. I don’t know if that is just me?

Hello there.

What types of glitches do you mean? I use Resonance and ambisonics in my project as well, and haven’t really noticed any weird behaviour yet, but would like to be aware of anything that might go wrong.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the long reply.
I have used FMOD 2.0 and resonance audio for some teaching with approximately 12 students. All of the students worked on a fairly simple FPS game.
In almost all the cases we struggled with a lot of digital glitches especially when working with ambisonics files, and in most cases the result was to simple not use any ambisonic files at all. The sound quality of the panning is much better and significantly improved from the old resonance audio version, which seemed to have a bug with the muffling, but this new version seems to run into buffer issues extremely fast. Also even though just a few files are spatialized. Am I the only person finding this problem?

We aren’t aware of the Resonance audio plugin running into buffer issues. It might be best to start a new topic with as much information as you can provide on the problems you are having.

If you haven’t already, check out the Resonance Docs.

Hi Richard.

I’ve been experimenting a bit with resonance audio and I noticed the same issue described by dtbs. The signal sound muffled. Does the issue has been fixed since the times of the topic ? I am using the 2.02.04 for both the integration plugin and the studio versions.

I tried the Steam’s solution and I would say that it sounds slightly better, but overall keeping a traditional spatialization approach fits more in my case.