Sounds making my looping music stop

so i have multiple looping background music and ambiance, and sometimes when i play new sounds (for sound effects) it sometimes makes my background music and all just stop. why could this happen? and how can i maybe fix this problem?

Hi,

There are a couple of things that could cause this, but the most likely culprit is that there’s some kind of stealing behaviour occuring. For example:

• Your BGM and ambience with the addition of sound effects causes the total number of playing channels to exceed the maximum channel count, causing some of the channels to become virtual and go silent - see maxchannels when initializing a Studio system or a Core system
  • You have bus-level instance limiting enabled in Studio, causing some event instances to stop when starting the sound effect events

The issue could also be your own code, if you are manually managing the lifetimes of your sounds/events, or potentially that you have too many streaming assets playing at once However, it’s difficult to diagnose the issue precisely without more information. If the culprit isn’t any of the stealing behaviours I mentioned, can I get you to provide the following information:

• Your FMOD version
  • Whether you’re using Studio API (events), or Core API (sounds)
  • A simple set of steps that reproduces the issue consistently