Suggested fix for FMODSettings.cpp

Hello,

I’ve updated to Fmod 2.0 and found out that we are having deployment issues connected to the change of MasterBankName. The issue stems from the fact, that for deployment I have to configure the plugin to load early to prevent async loading issues:

{
“Name”: “FMODStudio”,
“Type”: “CookedOnly”,
“LoadingPhase”: “PreEarlyLoadingScreen”
},

At this point FMOD obviously doesn’t obtain the correct MasterBankName from UnrealEngine ini and falls back to “Master.bank”.

It should be easy to fix in the constructor of FMODSettings.cpp in UE4 plugin

UFMODSettings::UFMODSettings(const FObjectInitializer &ObjectInitializer)
: Super(ObjectInitializer)
{
MasterBankName = TEXT(“Master Bank”);

I fixed that myself, but it would be great to have it in official builds since I see no way how to change the name in FMOD Studio .

Thanks,
Jan

I don’t think that would work for everyone because the Master Bank, as with any other bank, can be named anything you like. We use the default, which is “Master.bank” in FMOD Studio 2.0.

Now your reply got me confused. I was using master.bank for years and just AFTER I upgraded to FMOD Studio 2 and it converted the project (all automatically), the master bank upon compilation got changed to Master Bank.bank. Where exactly in FMOD Studio can you configure this name?

Thanks,
Jan

You can right click on the bank and select ‘rename’. Which version of FMOD 2.0 are you using?