Hello, first off, I’m loving the addition of asset markers so far! I’m wondering if there is any possible way to essentially trigger command instruments using asset markers in FMOD studio.
I have a dialogue event with a localized audio table. This event needs to trigger another event to Start and Stop at specifics time in the dialogue. The timing could vary for each locale, meaning I can’t just use a command instrument at a specific point on the timeline. Therefore, I want to use asset markers to trigger the event instead.
The problems I’m running into are:
- By triggering the event with an FMOD callback in Unreal, I have no way to audition in FMOD Studio.
- As far as I know there is no way to trigger callbacks from an event instance, only from an FMOD component, but I might not be able to use components for certain aspects of our pipeline.
I know this probably doesn’t exist currently, and it might not be something that you have any intention of developing, but if it’s something that you think is feasible and have info that might help our programmers figure something out, that would be great!