Trouble setting up fmod for unity

Hi I’m following the fmod for unity integration tutorial and I’m stuck at the step where you import fmod into unity. The tutorial says the setup wizard is supposed to appear after importing all assets, but it seems like I am unable to import some assets and as a result the setup wizard does not start. The errors are in the screenshot below:

Would really appreciate help to fix this, thanks!

Hi,

What exact versions of Unity and FMOD are you using?

Hi thanks for the response!

I’m using Unity 2022.3.35f1 and I am trying to import FMOD for Unity 2.02.24. The version of FMOD Studio I have is 2.02.21 though, could that be what is causing the problem?

No, the FMOD Studio application is separate from the actual code of your Unity project, and won’t trigger the errors you’re seeing. You can see more info on how different versions of the FMOD Engine/Plugin and the FMOD Studio application interact here: https://www.fmod.com/docs/2.02/studio/glossary.html#version

From testing on my end with the versions you provided, I can’t seem to reproduce the errors you’re seeing, which means there’s unlikely to be an issue with the code itself. Instead, it may be an issue with how Unity or your IDE is handling importing the UnityEngine.EventSystems namespace/and or corresponding package.

I’d recommend going to Edit → Preferences → External tools, ensuring that “Embedded packages” and “Local packages” are both checked, and clicking “Regenerate project files”, and seeing whether that resolves the issue.

Hi Leah thanks for the suggestion,

I’ve managed to get it working by opening a new unity project. I think there was an issue with that particular project for some reason but I don’t exactly know what it was.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like