Unity 2020.3.8f Build fails because FMOD 2.01.09

When I click Build, it runs few seconds and then ends it. The messages I get are about FMODStudioFootstepsEditor.cs

Assets\Editor Default Resources\FMODStudioFootstepsEditor.cs(23,26): error CS0115: ‘FMODStudioFootstepsEditorTwo.OnInspectorGUI()’: no suitable method found to override

Assets\Editor Default Resources\FMODStudioFootstepsEditor.cs(21,45): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘Editor’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Editor Default Resources\FMODStudioFootstepsEditor.cs(20,2): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘CustomEditorAttribute’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Editor Default Resources\FMODStudioFootstepsEditor.cs(20,2): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘CustomEditor’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Editor Default Resources\FMODStudioFootstepsEditor.cs(7,42): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘Editor’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Any idea why this happens? Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

This is likely due to your Editor file being in the “Assets\Editor Default Resources” directory. According to the Unity docs, Editor scripts should be placed inside “Assets\Editor” so that Unity will know to ignore them at build time, so I suggest you create an “Editor” directory and move “FMODStudioFootstepsEditor.cs” into it, and that should solve your problem.