using Google VR plugin with FMOD Studio 1.09 integration

to test the Google VR plugin (GVR) that now ships with v1.09, I did the following:

in FMOD Studio 1.09:

• created an event, containing a single looping “ping”
  • on the Master track, deleted the default 3D Panner, and replaced it with a GVR Source
  • in the mixer, deleted the Reverb return, and added a GVR Listener to the Pre effects on the Master bus
  • played the event (seems to be working as expected) and built Desktop

in Unity 5.4 (and Unity 5.6 beta):

• imported fmodstudio10901_v2.unitypackage
  • added a StudioListener to the Main Camera
  • In FMODStudioSettings/Project, set StudioProjectPath to the .fspro file
  • added a sphere object to the scene and attached a StudioEventEmitter to it
  • in the StudioEventEmitter, set the Event to “event:/ping” (from search) and set PlayEvent to ObjectStart
  • play the Unity scene

Expected Result:
Looping “ping” sound that I can move around to test the GVR plugin

Actual Result:
Continuous error messages:

BusNotFoundException: FMOD Studio bus not found ‘bus:/’
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.GetBus (System.String path) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:863)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.MuteAllEvents (Boolean muted) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:887)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.Update () (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/RuntimeManager.cs:391)

Note: if I remove the GVR Listener from the Master bus, the event plays as expected (looping, but not spatialized).

What am I doing wrong?

There should also be an error line with “ERR_PLUGIN_MISSING”.
Make sure you add “gvraudio” to the list of plugins in FMOD->Settings.

http://imgur.com/GVMK1pP

We don’t include it automatically as not every project will need it.
Google have all the steps documented here.

yup, that did it! (and i’d looked at that developers page, but obviously missed that line, d’oh!) thanks!!

I just want to apply the Google VR in the fmod VS2013 project, and got “ERR_PLUGIN_MISSING”. How to fix this?
I have already include the “Google VR/inc” and “Google VR/lib” in the VS project.

If you aren’t using Unity or having the same issue as the initial question, it would be best to start a new thread of your own. Please try to include as much information as possible to make it easier for us to help.

I’ve already fixed this, thank you very much. I’ll add my solution below.

I don’t use unity, I just use the Google VR plugin in my C++ code in VS2015, because I need to use fmod in my own software.

I refer to the examples as well as FMOD Studio Programmers API for Windows, and then add the following code:

FMOD::System* lowLevelSystem = NULL;
unsigned int i = 0; //which I don't really know what it is used for
system->getLowLevelSystem(&lowLevelSystem);
std::cout<<lowLevelSystem->loadPlugin("gvraudio.dll", &i, 0)<<std::endl;

and then put the ‘gvraudio.dll’ file together with the main executable file (.exe), which works fine for my demand.